Are you looking for a fun, unique game to play outdoors with friends and family? Look no further than Bottle Bash! This game is designed by Poleish Sports and sold as a bundle right here at Caliber Games. As its name suggests, Poleish sports took inspiration from Polish Horseshoes for Bottle Bash. Poleish revamped Polish horseshoes to make it more accessible for backyard barbecues, tailgating parties, camping trips, and more.
If you want to learn more about this crazy, fun backyard game, you have reached the right spot. Here is a breakdown of the classic rules and some fun alternatives for twists on the classic game. Let's get to the fun!
How to Play Bottle Bash
To get started with Bottle Bash, you'll need to find a flat surface and place two poles at a distance of 20, 30, or 40 feet apart, depending on your skill level and age. The poles will dig into the ground to provide a stable spot.
Next, place the bottles on top of the poles. Bottle Bash is typically played with two teams of two people, so each team will need to choose a pole to defend and stand behind. Team members will stand behind the same pole. Once everyone is in place, it's time to start playing!
Here is a breakdown of the original rules for a classic game of bottle bash:
The Object of the Game
The object of Bottle Bash is to throw the disc at your opponent's bottle and knock both the bottle and the disc to the ground. The defending team's goal is to catch the disc and bottle before reaching the ground to prevent the offensive team from scoring points.
How To Play:
- The offensive team will throw the disc towards the opponent's pole/bottle from behind their line.
- The defensive team must catch the disc and bottle without interfering with the throw.
- Teams switch between offense and defense, scoring points until a winner is declared.
The scoring is very simple in Bottle Bash. Only the offensive team can score points, and points are awarded based on which object (the bottle and disc) reach the ground.
- Dropped Disc = 1 Point
- Dropped Bottle = 2 Points
- Dropped Disc & Bottle = 3 Points
- Maximum points awarded per throw = 3 Points
The defensive team can catch the disc and bottle to prevent the offensive team from scoring.
You should agree on a target score for the winning team before you start playing. You can play first to 11, 15, or 21 points. The winning team must also win by two points, so a game that has just reached 21-20 would continue until one team was two points ahead of the other.
Rules of The Game
There are a few key rules to keep in mind while playing.
- All thrown discs must be deemed catchable, which you can judge based on your assessment of the player's age and skill.
- Each pole has a marked "Low Disc Zone" near the bottom of the pole. If a disc hits the pole below this level, it does not count for points for the offensive team. If a disc is thrown below the "Low Disc Zone" line or hits the ground before reaching the pole, there are no points for the offensive team.
- If the disc hits the pole below the "Low Disc Zone," the disc doesn't count for points, but the bottle is still considered live. This means the defensive team must still catch the bottle even if the disc is below the line.
- Lastly, there is no guarding allowed. The defensive team cannot attempt to stop the disc before it hits the pole and can only attempt to catch the disc and bottle after the disc hits the pole.
Bottle Bash can also quickly become a drinking game - for adults only. Always remember that you must play drinking games responsibly and safely.
The adjustment is simple - mark the score with sips of your go-to beverage of choice. You can also make the game more challenging by having each player hold on to their drink while playing. This occupies one of their hands and adds another element to the game to balance.
You can also add an element where the defense scores as well. For instance, if the offense catches the disc, the offense must take a sip, and if the defense catches the bottle, the offense must take two. This can get the drinking going faster (if that's what you want).
Once again, please play responsibly and safely. Bottle Bash is plenty of fun any way you play!
What Is Bottle Bash?
Bottle bash combines elements of cricket, horseshoes, and frisbee golf to give you a game you can play almost anywhere with minimal setup and maximum fun.
Bottle Bash perfectly fits with our philosophy on play and the play state, which all of our games at Caliber Games are built to induce. We believe that play is important for children and adults and that there are benefits to active play for everyone.
What Comes In the Bottle Bash Bundle?
- (2) Telescoping aluminum poles with ground spike and scoring system
- (2) Durable plastic bottles (weight and balance of glass bottles)
- (1) 175g soft feel frisbee
- (1) Carry bag
That is all you need to play Bottle Bash wherever you go! The carrying bag easily stores everything you need and is compact enough to fit into a backpack.
Bottle Bash: Fun In More Than One Way
Bottle Bash is a super fun game we love here at Caliber Games, and we know that you and your family will love it too.
It is easy to learn but difficult to master, making it perfect for family gatherings and parties. The rules are simple: throw the disc at the pole, catch the disc and bottle before hitting the ground, and score points by getting the discs and bottles to fall in certain ways.
Bottle Bash is also a versatile game for any occasion. With so many different ways to play, Bottle Bash is sure to be a hit with everyone who tries it!
If you want a fun and portable outdoor party game that will get people on their feet, and engaging with active play, then Bottle Bash is your solution.
Do you have ideas for other rule variations for Bottle Bash? Are there any house rules your family plays with that the world should know? Let us know in the comments how you play Bottle Bash!
- Translation missing: en.accessibility.refresh_page